A new customer wrote asking why paying by check was missing from the options on the website. Here is my answer.
You can pay by check; we just don’t encourage it.Here is why:
- The check has your name, address, routing number, account number and signature.
- Nearly everything an ID thief needs to steal your identiy.
- The check is placed in a paper envelope and handled by many people before it goes in my unlocked mailbox.
- When you use a credit card, it is encrypted, secured and guarded by a team of security personnel to ensure your card doesn’t get stolen
- And if a credit card is stolen, the bank will issue a new one at no charge.
- If someone compromises your checking, you lose everything and your identy is stolen.
- Credit card deposits are done by computers instantly and accurately.
- Checks are manually opened, sorted and entered - where mistakes happen and take days to process
- And paying by credit card is faster and easier than writing a check.
- If you still want to pay by check, send to:
- APL Lawn Spraying
- 6700 3rd Ave N
- St Petersburg, FL 33710
A short time after I sent my reply, I noticed the customer paid online using his credit card.